Israeli doctor tries to kill Palestinian prisoner
The Palestinian liberated prisoner Faisel Sabana was subjected to an attempted murder at the hands of an Israeli doctor during his detention in Jalama detention center.
"On November 15, 2014, an Israeli nurse asked me unusually to take two pills of Coumadin medication as it was ordered by the clinic’s doctor," Sabana said.
"I used to take only a half of a pill as I suffer from high blood pressure and heart disease. They convinced me to take the two pills claiming that I suffer from diabetic which I did not have it before," he continued.
Since then, he started suffering from health complications as he became unable to wake up for himself. Doctors in Megiddo prison clinic told him to stop taking the Coumadin medication after it caused him serious health deterioration.
Few days later, Sabana was transferred to Afula hospital after his health situation dramatically worsened. He underwent medical tests while his right leg was tied to the iron bed, according to his testimony.
"While in Afula hospital, i was checked by two doctors and a nurse who told me that the doctor in Jalama clinic intended to kill me," he said.
Sabana, a leader in Hamas Movement, was arrested in October 2014 and sentenced to six months.