Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Former Mr Gay UK speaks out on sexual assault charges

Former Mr Gay UK speaks out on sexual assault charges

A former winner of Mr Gay UK has spoken out after being cleared of several charges against him during two years he described as “a living nightmare”.
post a comment
markcarter400 A former winner of Mr Gay UK has spoken out after being cleared of several charges against him during two years he described as “a living nightmare”.

PC Mark Carter was accused of raping a man and sexually assaulting two others while on a drunken night out with colleagues.

Speaking to ITV Calendar News, Carter said: "After nearly two years of wait, I have now been found not guilty of all charges held against me.

"I would like to thank all those who have stood by me: my legal team, West Yorkshire Police Federation, my family and friends and my work colleagues. These people have supported me in what can only be described as a living nightmare."

Carter was due to face trial later this year on separate charges for possessing the anabolic steroid stanozolol, but the case was discontinued within the terms of the Medicines Act 1968.

A West Yorkshire police spokesman said: "PC Mark Carter remains suspended at this time. A decision regarding disciplinary action remains under consideration."

Carter was crowned Mr Gay UK in 2006 at the Flamingo Club in Blackpool.

No comments:

Post a Comment