Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gay soldier comes out to father live on YouTube

Gay soldier comes out to father live on YouTube

A gay soldier filmed himself coming out to his father, and uploaded it to YouTube as the repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell finally became official on Tuesday.
21 September 2011
Post your comment post a comment
soldieryoutubestacey A gay soldier filmed himself coming out to his father, and uploaded it to YouTube as the repeal of Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell finally became official on Tuesday.

The 21-year-old active duty military officer stationed in Germany, phoned his father in Alabama to tell him the news, following weeks of uploading to Twitter and YouTube under the pseudonym, AreYouSurpised.

The video displays the soldiers face for the first time, but his name is not yet known.

The soldier had announced to his fellow servicemen that he was gay, and as he waits for the phone to connect to his father, he is visibly nervous and says: “My God, my heart is beating like crazy.”

After some catching up, the soldier asks his father if he can tell him something and if he will love him no matter what before announcing: “Dad, I’m gay. I always have been, I’ve known since forever.

"I don’t know when’s the next time I would be able to see you. I didn’t want to do it over the phone. I wanted to tell you in person, but uh … I didn't want you to find out in any other way,"

His father replies with: "It doesn't change our relationship, I will always be proud of you

"I will always love you."
AreYouSurprised has attracted more than 98,000 subscribers on YouTube channel, and more than 2 million video views.

No comments:

Post a Comment