Search This Blog

Monday, November 30, 2015

Boston Gay Man’s Throat Slashed in Vicious Thanksgiving Hate Crime

Boston Gay Man’s Throat Slashed in Vicious Thanksgiving Hate Crime

Inline image 1

"They told me if my throat wound were a centimeter off I’d be dead," says victim Michael Fontana.
by  5h ago
A gay man is recovering from a broken shoulder and slashed throat he suffered after being attacked outside a gay bar in Boston on Thanksgiving night.
Michael Fontana, also known as drag queen Eileen Dover (below), was attacked by three men after leaving Alley Bar in Boston’s North End neighborhood. According to Fontana, he first encountered the men inside the bar, when they unplugged the jukebox he and his friend were playing.
On a GoFundMe page set up to help with medical expenses, Fontana explained the men were asked to leave and seemingly agreed.
Five minutes later I decided to leave. They were waiting outside, followed me up the streety and began screaming “you’re all a bunch of racist pigs.” They surrounded me. I told them that I understood that the world is tough right now but ’I’m on your side.’ That’s the last thing I clearly rememmber.
They slashed my throat, broke my shoulder and crushed my phone so that I couldnt cal 911. They continued to beat me. The next thing I remember my friend found me and the police were there. I spent the night in the ER where they told me if my throat wound were a centimeter off I’d be dead.
Fontana is unable to shop or cook for himself, and cannot work. “I hate asking for help but I am at this point terrified to leave my home,” he writes.
Towleroad is reporting Boston police are investigating the attack as a hate crime.
Fontana has already received a new phone, but still has expenses associated with his treatment and lost wages. So far, a little more than $1,000 of the GoFundMe campaign’s $5,000 goal has been reached. Help make his holidays bright by donating here

http://www.newnownext.com/boston-gay-mans-throat-slashed-in-vicious-thanksgiving-hate-crime/11/2015/

No comments:

Post a Comment