Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Nike Drops Manny Pacquiao

Nike Drops Manny Pacquiao

Nike has officially severed its 10-year relationship with boxer Manny Pacquiao over anti-gay comments he made during his run for a seat in the Philippines senate. The company has already removed any mention of the world champion from its website after Pacquiao said in an interview that gay people are “worse than animals.” The boxer quickly (sort of) apologized for his remarks on his Facebook page, writing, “Please forgive me for those I’ve hurt. I still stand on my belief that I’m against same-sex marriage because of what the Bible says, but I’m not condemning LGBT.” But in its terse statement announcing the end of their relationship, Nike wrote, “We find Manny Pacquiao’s comments abhorrent."

No comments:

Post a Comment