Search This Blog

Friday, December 27, 2013

Hillcrest man beaten with baseball bat for being gay; suffers broken eye socket, cracked ribs Victim: Attackers 'thought it was fun'

Hillcrest man beaten with baseball bat for being gay; suffers broken eye socket, cracked ribs

Victim: Attackers 'thought it was fun'

SAN DIEGO - A Hillcrest man says he was randomly attacked by a group of men with a baseball bat because he was gay.
"I’ve never been that scared in my entire life,” said Dwayne Wynn. “I literally thought I was going to die. I thought they were going to kill me. They were beating me that bad."
Wynn's eye socket was broken in the attack. He has 18 stitches in his side and three cracked ribs.
His fingers were also fractured from trying to protect his face.
"They just didn't stop and they thought it was a game,” Wynn said. “They thought it was fun."
The attack happened just after midnight Monday, in a residential area on 1st Avenue near Robinson.
Wynn says he heard the car pull up behind him, heard the men get out, then turned around when one of them shouted an anti-gay slur.
"The last thing I see is a baseball bat being swapped right across the face," said Wynn.
He says because it happened so quickly, he couldn't get a detailed description of his attackers or the vehicle they were driving.
"I was laying there,” said Wynn. “Ii was covered in blood and I could hear them literally high fiving each other as they're walking to their truck."
http://www.10news.com/news/hillcrest-man-beaten-with-baseball-bat-for-being-gay-suffers-broken-eye-socket-cracked-ribs12242013

No comments:

Post a Comment