Search This Blog

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Soap star in child sex abuse case: ‘I’m not gay but I’ve dabbled’

Soap star in child sex abuse case: ‘I’m not gay but I’ve dabbled’

Andrew Lancel, an actor in Heartbeat, The Bill and Coronation Street, allegedly had a six year sexual relationship with a boy aged 14
British actor Andrew Lancel is accused of abusing a 15-year-old when he was 23.
Photo via Andrew Lancel's official website.
A former British soap star has told police he has exposed himself and ‘dabbled’ with men at parties, a court heard during the child sex abuse case yesterday (5 June).
Andrew Lancel, 42, who played Frank Foster in Coronation Street, is on trial for allegedly sexually assaulting a boy aged 14 and 15 in the mid-1990s.
In police interviews last year, he said: ‘I’m not gay but I’m 42 – I’m not going to lie and say I’ve never dabbled.
‘I’m an actor. I’ve done things when I was drunk like show and tell.
‘There was no touching. I’ve got my cock out on a number of occasions. It was a bohemian time.’
The Bill and Heartbeat actor insisted he was straight and in a loving relationship with his wife, with whom he has a son.
Lancel said his accuser, now a ballet dancer, was a close friend of 20 years.
A separate alleged victim has described how Lancel fondled his 15-year-old groin when the actor was 23.
He claims the actor offered to give him a massage to help with sleeping problems.
‘It was flesh to flesh,’ he said. ‘I lay there working out what to do. I was basically frozen to the spot.
‘I remember thinking, “Oh my God, what just happened?” I was shaken.’
As the boy went to leave, it was claimed  Lancel told him ‘everybody has a homosexual moment – that was ours.’
Lancel denies six counts of indecent assault of a child under the age of 16.
The trial continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment