Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Beware of this sneaky watering hole attacks

Beware of this sneaky watering hole attack I just found

I've been talking quite a bit about watering hole attacks lately. If you haven't heard me talk about it, a watering hole attack is where hackers slip malicious code into a legitimate site. Learn why watering hole attacks are one of the biggest security threats of 2014.
For example, Yahoo made the news recently after hackers got malicious code into ads on the Yahoo home page and infected thousands of visitors. Read more about that attack here.
Well, just yesterday as I was browsing the Internet gathering information for the show, I stumbled across a watering hole. It opened a new tab in my browser without me touching anything. And it displayed a very tricky message; it even got me to do a double take.
I did some research and this same message is suddenly showing up for a lot of people. You need to know what it says before it tricks you.

No comments:

Post a Comment